The ET4Online Career Forum is being managed by
Nevada State College
Tweet and network about the Career Forum: #edtechcareers
Institutions and organizations across the country are searching for professionals skilled in Educational Technology/Instructional Technology for higher education and K-12 audiences. The gatherings at Sloan-C conferences are populated with those seeking professionals to join their organizations and individuals with outstanding qualifications for these positions.
Please join us in the Westwood Boardroom for three Career Forum Roundtable sessions:
|EdTech Career Tracks|
Tuesday, April 9 - 2:30pm-3:20pm
There are a number of career directions and opportunities to apply for with your graduate degree. Join this roundtable to ask career questions and gain advice on which path is right for you:
Wednesday, April 10 - 10:10am-11:00am
|In developing career skills for the educational technology field, it is critical to get involved and connected to both professional affiliations and peers. Come learn about how to build your CV and also showcase your experiences, as we talk about:|
Thursday, April 11 - 10:10am-11:00am
|Applying to your first faculty position? Looking for industry positions? Perhaps you should consider how you present yourself via your job application. Join us as we talk about things to consider when developing your career materials, including:|
Sloan-C, MERLOT and Nevada State College seek to help you find one another. Here is how the career forum works:
BEFORE THE CONFERENCE:
- Send your position announcements to the career forum position opening submission page. These will be posted on this website immediately and will remain there until the conference ends.
- As you submit your open position, you will be asked to indicate dates and times you are available to meet with prospective candidates during the ET4Online Symposium (April 9-11, 2013- Planet Hollywood Las Vegas). Meeting rooms will be made available during the conference for your confidential interviews. Questions regarding scheduling of the interview rooms may be directed to Elizabeth Hawthorne - Elizabeth.email@example.com; 702-992-2520
- All open position posts must be made by March 30, 2013.
- Check the Career Forum Board frequently before coming to the conference. Make a note of positions of interest to you.
- Prepare your Curriculum Vitae and bring sufficient copies to provide to employers with whom you would like to speak.
DURING THE CONFERENCE:
- Plan to attend the conference and be available at the times you scheduled to meet with candidates.
- Check-in at the Career Forum Desk to obtain your interview schedule/locations/dates/times.
- After checking in at the conference registration desk, visit the Career Forum Desk to schedule interviews with employers who have posted positions of interest. Attend the scheduled interview; bring your Curriculum Vitae with you to present at the interview.
- These interviews will necessarily be preliminary interviews prior to institutional decisions to invite candidate for formal onsite interviews or online interviews with search committees and others from the hiring institution.
AFTER THE CONFERENCE:
Complete an evaluation form of the Career Forum—our first attempt at bringing employers and candidates together for Educational/Instructional Technology positions. You will receive an email with the survey link post-conference.