improving the success of today’s edtech startups
& tomorrow’s learning environments
The Launch Pad application period is now CLOSED. Thank you for your application. Notifications will go out mid-February
Startups that apply and are selected to participate in the Launch Pad will receive the following package at the deeply-discounted rate of $400:
- A booth in the specially designated “Launch Pad” area within the conference floor plan (floor plan to come)
- Full conference registration (a $575 value)
- An opportunity to participate in the Launch Pad plenary panel on the morning of Thursday, April 10th.
An invitation to attend a special workshop 90-minute workshop hosted by Michael Staton of Learn Capital, the global leader in early stage investing into education and learning. Michael is the founder and former CEO of Inigral, the pioneer of Social Enrollment Management technology in Higher Education and the first Lifecycle Engagement Platform. For Inigral, Michael secured the first ever venture investment from the Gates Foundation into a private company. Because of his years as a public school teacher and his intuitive understanding of K12 education, Michael served as a Venture Partner and still serves as a Community Advisor to NewSchools Venture Fund’s EdTech Portfolio. Michael was declared a top one hundred innovator by the Chronicle of Higher Education, and he is on the advisory board of SxSW EDU, the ASU Education Innovation Summit, and the Higher Education Working Group of the American Enterprise Institute and the New America Foundation.
- The 90-minute workshop will be designed to fuel the success of early startups. Michael will share his expertise to illuminate what startups must do now to ensure for funding success in the future. Plenty of time will be allotted for discussion.
- An invitation to attend a plenary presentation by Michael Staton on the morning of Thursday, April 10th.
- Spotlight promotions on the ET4Online website.
- The priceless opportunity to speak with and the world’s leading online educators and learn how to improve your product to meet their teaching needs.
Overview of the Application Process:
Interested startups must submit a Launch Pad participation application by January 31, 2014. There is no fee to apply.
The objectives of the application are to:
1) Demonstrate fulfillment of the Eligibility Requirements and
2) Explain how the product provides an innovative solution to one or more of the ET4Online Challenges
To be eligible to participate in The Launch Pad, a startup company must:
- Have no history of participation as a Sloan-C conference exhibitor or sponsor.
- Employ 25 or less individuals.
- Have an educational technology product that was first marketed no more than five years ago.
- Demonstrate how the product provides an innovative solution to one or more of the "ET4Online Challenges" for online higher educators.
- Demonstrate active users with reasonable engagement/ adoption metrics.
- Be able to convey a viable business and revenue model.
- Submit verifiable testimonials on the value the product delivers.
- Be passionate about making a positive impact in online education.
- Have an educational technology product or service that is systemic and scalable (i.e. can be used at institution, system level for maximum distribution vs. for a specific discipline or niche group).
Launch Pad applicants will explain how their product or service provides an innovative solution to one or more of the following online higher ed learning challenges.
- Increasing collaborative learning
- Facilitating active learning through real world experiences
- Creating personalized learning environments to support the needs of diverse learners.
- Providing high quality, low cost online content solutions
- Providing training and support for online faculty within budgetary constraints
- Creating new paradigms for assessment.
- Breaking down barriers between formal and informal learning.
Follow us on Twitter for updates!
Not an ed-tech start-up but interested in exhibiting or sonsoring this conference? Join us as an exhibitor/sponsor for the 2014 ET4Online Symposium. Contact Patrick Wagner for more details.