Session Access will be available to you at the start of the OLC International Conference on October 14 at 11:45am (EASTERN TIME ZONE) and may be accessed for 1 year post-conference.
Prior to October 14, 2015:
Most importantly, you need to test your system prior to the start of the conference so that you don’t miss the first session due to access issues! It is important that you test the setup of any and all computers you will use to access the virtual conference BEFORE the conference sessions begin. Don’t assume that your computer will work or that if one computer works, a different computer on a different network will work as well.
Need to Know:
- You need to be logged into OnlineLearningConsortium.org using your free user account that was required when you registered for this virtual conference.
- Test Sonic Foundry’s Mediasite before the event. Don’t wait until the last minute. (http://olc.onlinelearningconsortium.org/conference/2015/aln/mediasite_test)
- You can download Silverlight for free at microsoft.com/getsilverlight
- We recommend that you use Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or any Internet Explorer version 9 or higher
- Plan Ahead: Know which sessions you want to attend and when they are happening. Enter the session room early so that you don’t miss anything. You will get the most out of your conference experience if you actively participate! Introduce yourself when you enter a session so that the on-site session chair knows you’re there.
- Day of the conference - sessions start at 11:45am Eastern time zone. Session Players will not be visible until the start of the session.
On (or after) October 14, 2015 - sessions begin at 11:45am Eastern Time Zone
From the Streamed Sessions listing, select the title of the session you wish to view. You can also search the list of sessions by using your browser’s find feature (usually control+F on a PC, command+F on a Mac) and searching for a word in the session’s title or search by the lead presenter’s name.
To select a session to view, click on the title of the session from the Streamed Sessions list. From the session page, you will see a link under the session title that reads “Watch This Session”. You need to click on this tab to open up a pop-up window that will contain the video player as well as a chat room that you can connect to and ask questions of the presenter, chat with other attendees, etc. Make sure you are not blocking pop-ups in your internet browser.
If you do not see the “Watch This Session” link, make sure that you are looking at a streamed session and that you are logged in to the site using your free OLC User Account.
The “Watch This Session” link is the same for viewing a session that has been recorded. Session recordings will be posted within 24 hours of the session finishing. Registered onsite and virtual attendees have access to all session recordings for one year.
If you have additional questions, please view our Virtual Conference FAQs or email email@example.com.
We hope you enjoy this virtual event!