October 29, 2014 - 8:30am
October 29, 2014 - 8:30amTed Curran (Pearson, USA)Tara Kai (Pearson, USA)HBCU Interactive WorkshopAmericas Seminar3 HoursWorkshop Session 1
Whether you are looking to learn more about competency-based education for future projects or how to apply it to existing programs, this workshop hosted be the Emerging Learning Model and Consulting Services team of Pearson, will further your understanding of the topic. You will be able to gauge your organization’s readiness for competency-based education and understand how to implement a successful program. Details include:
- Information about the benefits of adopting competency-based education
- An understanding of how it is similar and different from traditional programs
- Awareness of emerging best practices in design, development, and implementation
- Knowledge of the design, technology, and change management processes needed to launch a successful program
- Case studies from leading Competency-based Education pioneers such as Northern Arizona University, Western Governor's University, The Texas Higher Ed Coordinating Board, and more
In an effort to customize our program, we are asking attendees to complete a pre-event self assessment regarding your institution's competency-based education (CBE) readiness. This should take no more than 5 minutes.
If you are able to complete this brief questionnaire prior to Monday, October 27, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your time - We look forward to seeing you in Orlando!
October 29, 2014 - 8:30amRobbie Melton (Tennessee Board of Regents, USA)HBCU Interactive WorkshopSouthern Hemisphere IV3 HoursWorkshop Session 1
This workshop will provide a detailed review of items, issues, challenges, resources, and recommendations for developing and offering online programs.
October 29, 2014 - 8:30amEileen Thomas (American Sentinel University, USA)Trevor Rasmusson (American Sentinel University, USA)Margaret Czart (American Sentinel University, USA)HBCU Interactive WorkshopSouthern Hemisphere V3 HoursWorkshop Session 1
A three dimensional immersive online learning environment (Sentinel City) can be used to enhance active learning pedagogies among students in a variety of academic-